Items to Bring to Registration

Items to Bring To Registration:

1.     Your child (child must be present for Kindergarten Registration)

2.    Photo identification or parent/legal guardian

3.    Proof of guardianship – this can include the birth certificate, divorce papers, social services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.  Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent.

4.     *Two proofs of residency in the Fairview school district are required and must be in the name of the parent/legal guardian. (Students cannot enroll without this).
a. One must be a current utility bill (Electric bill, Gas bill or Water bill)
One must be a current document regarding the ownership of the home, such         as: Mortgage statement, Rental/lease agreement, Deed, Buyer’s agreement with a         closing date listed (after closing the parent/guardian may be required to provide a
        mortgage/lease statement), Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy.

If the parent/legal guardian is not the homeowner, a Residency Statement (provided by the school) must be completed by the parent/legal guardian AND the homeowner. The homeowner will present required residency proof to school officials. 

Please call Michelle Haney at 828-628-2732 if you have any questions regarding your required two proofs of residency.

5.    Certified Birth Certificate (the hospital or mother’s copy is NOT acceptable).

6.    Copy of up to date immunization record – if your child is not immunized you will need to speak with our school nurse.  She will be available on registration day.